How to deal with sticky situations with your nanny
Parents are sometimes faced with situations whereby they know they have hired the right nanny and she is definitely great at what she does, but there just seems to be a trend in some of the things she does that are just not rubbing you the right way or things you just don’t agree with. Depending on the situation, the nanny could be unaware of your feelings. Some families feel uncomfortable bringing the situation up because they feel it just might ruin the relationship you have between you and your nanny. But just like any other relationship, it must be talked about otherwise it remains a ticking bomb waiting to explode at the wrong time.
1. Don’t bring up the matter when you feel that you are not emotionally stable to discuss it. In other words don’t bring it up when you are angry. You just might regret a lot of the things you say.
2. Make sure you have facts, not assumptions on the matter.
3. Schedule a meeting with the nanny, don’t just blurt it out when you see her.
4. After you have brought up the matter, allow her to explain her actions.
5. After you have heard her reasoning, let her know that you were not happy with the issue and suggest other options.
6. Let her know that you appreciate her work overall.
Some of these sticky situations are just creases that can easily be ironed out if handled maturely. Always give your nanny another chance to prove herself. Remember your nanny is a stand-in for you when you are not around, She takes the time to care and love your children. Your children have grown to love and appreciate her and you don’t want small matters to cause huge unnecessary ramifications, which could have been easily avoided.