It’s like 91 degrees here in the east coast. The sun is brutal and the humidity is unbearable, but the bottom line is I have to keep these wee ones entertained and making sure they get their share of spending some time outdoors. I have come up with five ways and important things to take note of when caring for children during in such unforgiving weather conditions.
1. Hydrate- I cannot say how important it is to constantly have a cup or bottle of water for the children. Always remind them that they have to drink water. The last thing you need is a dehydrated little one. Popsicles are also a great fun way of keeping them hydrated
2. Sunscreen– It doesn’t matter even if you are just hanging out in the shade, applying sunscreen is vital.
3. Pool and sprinklers- I suggest that in very hot days, it is more bearable to have pool time as a morning activity. If you don’t have a built-in pool, the blow up pools are also so much fun. Sure, its a hassle to always get it all blown and filled with water, but the hard work is always appreciated by your little ones.
4. Indoor playgrounds- Find some indoor playhouses in your area.
5. Wear hats– when outside, make sure your little ones have hats that cover there whole heads. Even though you apply sunscreen, hats always help keep them cool.
HAVE A COOL SUMMER!!
Enjoy my favorite sunscreen, click on the link below:
Purchase our book:
<a href=”http://www.lulu.com/commerce/index.php?fBuyContent=12942138″><img src=”http://static.lulu.com/images/services/buy_now_buttons/us/gray.gif?20120522115846″ border=”0″ alt=”Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.”></a>